Many women prefer getting the artificial and acrylic nails since their own natural nails fail to grow properly or break too often. There are many nail options available and the most popular ones are the acrylic nails and the gel nails.
Acrylic nails are artificial and fake nail extensions which are put over the natural nail by using polymer and monomer. The combination of liquid and powder makes sure that the nail cover is hard.
Now before you go to get your acrylic nails, you need to make it pretty sure that your nails are clean and trimmed as well as dry of the moisture so that it is easy to put the acrylic nails.
The combination of polymer and monomer should be just perfect because if the mixture of the liquid and the powder is not correct, your nails will not be done properly. If done the wrong way, the nail will be thick, lumpy, crooked and uneven.
On the other hand, if the mixture is applied correctly, then the plastic will harden when it is exposed to the air. After that, your technician or expert will buff the nail and then put on the nail polish or nail art.
Pros and cons of acrylic nails
- Acrylic nails are suitable for women who have weak and brittle nails
- Acrylic nails are perfect for those women who have this bad habit of chewing and biting their nails
- There are no side effects of acrylic nails
- Acrylic nails are cheaper as compared to their counter parts
- The best thing about acrylic nails is that if they are broken, you can easily fix it up at your home if you have the right kind of tools
- As compared to gel nails, acrylic nails last much longer
- Acrylic nails can cause damage to the natural nails and so it will be very hard to grow your nails then with the acrylic on it
- If your natural nails get damaged, it can lead towards bacterial and fungal infection
- Unless you get your acrylic nails from a very good and reputable expert, they will always give you a very fake look. That can however add to your cost
- In applying acrylic nails, heavy chemicals and fumes are used and that can be a problem for some specially if they are allergic to fumes and chemicals.
- for acrylic nails, you will need proper refilling each and every month and that can be quite costly for you.
The bottom line
So, on the whole, applying acrylic nails does not involve any kind of side effects but you have to be very careful if you decide to get your acrylic nails. It will be much better if you get your acrylic nails done from a very good and reputable salon because otherwise they will give a very fake look.
Apart from that, if you are allergic to the chemicals and fumes, it is better not to opt for acrylic nails as it can then make you quite sick.